Reserve Information for Students:
- Reserve materials are held at the Circulation/Reserves Desk on the first floor of the library.
- Reserve books can be checked out for up to two hours at a time.
- Fines for reserve materials are $1.00 per hour, to a maximum of $50.00 for each item.
Reserve Information for Faculty:
Submitting a course reserve list
- Reserve materials for all Barnard courses are processed at the Barnard Library.
- Course reserve lists may not be duplicated at multiple libraries.
- Only one copy of a literary work (a novel, short story collection, play, or poetry) is placed on reserve; second or multiple copies remain in the stacks and circulate for the semester.
When to submit a reserve list
- Submitting a reserve list for an upcoming semester before the end of the current semester is recommended.
- Reserve lists are processed in the order that they are received.
How to submit a reserve list
- By email at email@example.com.
- In person at the Circulation/Reserves Desk on the first floor of the Library.
- Faculty can submit reserves lists for any course on the Course Reserves Page.
- The status of a reserve list can be tracked in CLIO using the Course Reserves Search.
- To place a personal copy on reserve, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring the item to the Circulation/Reserves desk.
General Reserve List Policies:
- If Barnard owns a book that is requested, the library's copy will be placed on reserve.
- If Barnard does not own a copy, it will purchase a copy for the reserves collection.
- Our rule of thumb for books is one copy for every 35 students in a class.
- Only copies of required readings are put on reserve. Supplementary readings are not placed on reserve.
- All Course Reserve requests must comply with United Sates Copyright law.
- Please contact the Reserves Department (email@example.com) with any questions or concerns.