- Accessing CourseWorks
- Migrating content
- Using CourseWorks, you can:
- load syllabi
- post, collect and return assignments with comments
- upload all types of files (including videos) that only your class can access
- send announcements to the class
- manage online discussions
- and much more!
- Start with this CourseWorks QuickStart Guide
- Search the Columbia Knowledgebase (FAQs)
- Read context-sensitive Help pages by clicking one of the many blue-colored Question Marks in CourseWorks.
Contact Instructional Media and Technology Services (IMATS) for in-person, phone, or email consultations at email@example.com or 212.854.2418. You can also get assistance from your personal librarian.
The Center for New Media Teaching and Learning supports faculty University-wide. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.854.1919 or stop by CCNMTL’s Faculty Support Lab in Butler Library 204.
Will the content in Old CourseWorks ever go away?
CUIT has committed to preserving all content in CourseWorks and Old CourseWorks.
Can someone with delegated admin access send an email to all the students in the class (e.g., if the instructor is absent)?
As in old CourseWorks, you can't access certain tools and content for FERPA-related reasons, and Email is still unavailable to you. However, if Announcements is enabled you can use that tool to post an announcement and set the option to email it to everyone's email Inbox. Indiana Univ has a good help page on Announcements
How do I allow all students access to my Syllabus during the Program Planning period?
IMATS has a tool that allows us to provide Barnard and Columbia students (UNI login required) access to the Home and Syllabus sections of your course sites during the Program Planning period. To take advantage of this service, submit this request form. Take no action if you do not want to use this feature.
Can I have a CourseWorks site to support an administrative or academic group or project?
CUIT is not creating any new Collaboration (non-course) sites at this time. Contact IMATS or BCIT for a consultation on what other collaborative tools are available.
- How do I migrate my course from old to new CourseWorks? Answer
- How do I add/remove tools such as Announcements? Answer
- Can I add a tool but hide it from students until it's ready? Answer
- How do I create an HTML page in Courseworks? Answer
- I have delegated admin access--how do I access the courses? Answer
- I'm pasting content from Word and it's a bit of a mess; any tips? Answer 1 Answer 2
- How do I subscribe to Courseworks calendars in Google, Outlook, iCal, or iOS? Answer
- Is there a good overview of the Syllabus tool from another institution that also uses Sakai? Answer
Library Main Menu
- About Us
- Access & Borrowing
- Contact Us
- Empirical Reasoning Lab
- Find Books, Articles and More
- Instructional Media and Technology Services
- Make Requests
- Personal Librarians