Department: Instructional Media & Technology Services
Shift: 35 hours/week; Full-time; 12 month/year position; Flexible hours, some evening and weekends required.
FUNCTION: Under the direction of the Manager of Audiovisual Technology Services, the Audiovisual Technology Services Technician performs all aspects of audiovisual and instructional technology support for classes, meetings, special events, conferences, and co-curricular activities for the College community. Overall responsibilities include the set-up, delivery, and operation of audiovisual technologies; the trouble-shooting, repair, and maintenance and audiovisual equipment and instructional technology; and the coordination, scheduling, and training of student workers. Under the direction of the Manager, the Technician is also responsible for recording classes and events and helping with the scheduling and inventorying of equipment.
- 2 years of college or technical training; technical degree or B.A. preferred
- 1-3 years related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of audiovisual equipment and services
- Demonstrated computer skills, including full Microsoft Office suite, email, Web
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Exercise appropriate decision-making skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Understanding or willingness to learn new audiovisual systems and technologies
Internal Local 2110 applicants must apply in the Human Resources office within the five-day posting period from the date specified above to receive preferential consideration. Outside applicants should send letter and resume to Employment Manager, Barnard College, 3009 Broadway, New York, NY 10027. FAX: 212-854-2454. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barnard is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and from individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
*Creative Commons licensed photo above by expertinfantry.