Emergency Care of Wounds That Cannot Be Seen: Healing Justice and Ntozake Shange
Tuesday, October 1, 6:00-8:00 PM James Room, Barnard Hall 4th Floor
In the spirit of writer Ntozake Shange (BC ‘70), whose works explored indigenous, black, and folk ways of healing, we invite you to a night of conversation, reflection, and embodied practice.
Visiting Artist Sandi Tan & Film Screening of Shirkers
Thursday, October 10, 6:00-9:00 PM, Barnard Hall 304
Join the Barnard Media Center as we screen Shirkers followed by a Q&A with Sandi Tan! This event includes a reception and is open to the public.
Labs, Workshops, Screenings
The Stillness Lab
Every Wednesday, 12:00-1:00 PM, Movement Lab (Milstein LL020)
Need a break or a floaty place to meditate? Join us in the Stillness Lab.
Workshop: Intro to DSLR
Friday, October 4, 12:00-2:00 PM, Media Center Post-Production Lab (Milstein 105)
Workshop: Data Engineering with SQL
Friday, October 4, 10:00 AM-12:00 PM, Computational Science Center Classroom (Milstein 516)
Workshop: Data Analysis in Python - Part I
Friday, October 11, 10:00 AM-12:00 PM, CSC Classroom (Milstein 516)
This workshop focuses on getting and preparing data.
Workshop: Data Analysis in Python - Part II
Friday, October 18, 10:00 AM-12:00 PM, CSC Classroom (Milstein 516)
This workshop focuses on analyzing and working with data.
Workshop: Adobe Premiere Pro
Friday, October 18, 12:00-2:00 PM, Media Center Post-Production Lab (Milstein 105)
Feminist Film Series: No Home Movie
Thursday, October 24, 6:00-8:00 PM, Media Center Production Studio (Milstein 105C)
Join us for a screening of Chantal Ackerman’s No Home Movie. There will be refreshments!
- We wish Madiha Zahrah Choksi all the best as Research and Learning Technologies Librarian at Columbia University Libraries starting October 14.
- Allie Costa is the Movement Lab Post-Baccalaureate Fellow this year. Allie will work with Barnard’s new Computer Science Department and the Artists in Residence to develop programming that emphasizes inclusion and accessibility.
- Welcome Yisel Garcia BC ‘19, Design Center Post-Baccalaureate fellow! Yisel will research the intersections between design, puppetry, and climate change.
- Mohar Kalra is a Movement Lab Student Artist in Residence. As both an artist and an engineer, Kalra hopes to use technology to pull users back into the implicit sensation, movement and information that surrounds them every day.
- Humanities and Global Studies Librarian Vani Natarajan has begun an MFA in poetry at Queens College.
- Performing Arts Librarian Charlotte Price has begun an Ed.D. program in Instructional Technology & Media at the Teachers College.
- Jen Brown is an invited speaker at the exclusive Association of Research Libraries meeting in Washington, D.C., Through a Different Lens: Our Approaches to Library Work.
- Jenna Freedman is presenting Anarchy in the Archives: Zines and their Dissed Content in a panel at the Digital Library Federation in Tampa, FL.
- Melanie Hibbert is an invited speaker at EDUCAUSE in Chicago, October 14-17, presenting on mixed reality (XR) technologies.
- ERC Lab Coordinator Fatima Koli is an Immersion Fellow for Bloomberg’s Data for Good Exchange (D4GX). She is working with the Natural Areas Conservancy, a nonprofit that works to restore and conserve the natural areas in NYC. She presented her work on September 15th at the 2019 D4GX.