I currently serve as the Dean of the Barnard Library and Academic Information Services. Prior to coming to Barnard, I held public service positions at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Penn State Harrisburg, and George Mason University.
My professional interests include user-centered design, the impact of library and information services on teaching and learning, new models of scholarly communication, and open access publishing.
In addition to my administrative responsibilities, I serve as an advisor to first and second year students and am the Personal Librarian to the Political Science Department, the Philosophy Department, the Human Rights Program and the Consellation Telescopium.
As a Personal Librarian, I provide:
- custom instruction classes in library research;
- one-on-one consultations;
- course-specific research guides for the library web site;
- collection development to support faculty and student research and reading;
- help with citation management tools such as EndNote, RefWorks, and Zotero;
- orientations and assistance using CourseWorks, Barnard/Columbia's course management system.
In the News
It is our pleasure to welcome the several new staff members to the Barnard Library and Academic Information Services:
Harvey Cohen, Manager of Audiovisual Technology Services
Vani Natarajan, Research and Instruction Librarian for Humanities and Area Studies
Alexis Seeley, Manager of Instructional Media & Technology Services
Megan Wacha, Research and Instruction Librarian for Media and the Performing Arts
Personal librarians help new students sort out resources.