Computing, Printing, & Scanning
Currently, there are 10 computers (5 PC and 5 Mac) for use on a first-come first-served basis. Two are on adjustable-height desks. An 11th computer is available as a short-term, 5-minute use station for sending print jobs or checking CLIO.
Other computer labs in the Milstein Center include:
- The Empirical Reasoning Center (MLC 102) has both PCSs and Macs, and is staffed to provide assistance with data-related projects and assignments
- The Media Center's Post-Production Lab (MLC 105) offers Macs, which are prioritized for video and graphics uses. These computers are equipped with additional software, including DaVinci, Sketch, AutoCAD, and Rhino
All of the computers are equipped with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, which includes Photoshop, and media, quantitative and mapping software. For a complete list of computer labs on campus please visit the BCIT Student Computing Services page.
Lookup stations are available on the second, third, and fourth floors of the library. A lookup station is a single computer dedicated for short-term 5-minute use, such as sending a print job, looking up a call number in CLIO, or reseting your UNI password
Printing is available through the Columbia networked printing system, PawPrint. There are black and white printers on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors as well as a color printer on the 1st floor of the Barnard Library at the Milstein Center.
- Barnard students are allotted 100 sheets per week. As you print, pages will be deducted automatically from your weekly quota; additional pages may be purchased for 10 cents per sheet.
- The Library's black & white printers are set to print on both sides.
- To learn more about your print quota or to check your balance, go to the PawPrint guide.
- Questions? Visit our Virtual Circulation & Help Desk.
Scanners are available in the on the 2nd floor in the open computer lab, on the 3rd floor between the elevators and the collection, and on the 4th floor between the elevator and the collection. There is no charge for scanning. Brief directions are available at each scanning station.