Don’t miss a day of talks and performances by noted artists, thinkers and cultural leaders as they explore the complex legacy of the 19th Amendment 100 years after its ratification. This Symposium launches 100 Years | 100 Women, an initiative of Park Avenue Armory, with lead partner National Black Theatre, and nine major cultural institutions, who will collectively commission one hundred artists who self-identify as women to respond to this significant anniversary.
The Symposium is an all day event from 12:00-8:00pm, including a Salon featuring Gabri Christa:
Museum of Moving Image: Cinefemme Cypher
• Shola Lynch (Filmmaker, Curator, Schomburg Center)
• Racquel Gates (Author, Double Negative, College of Staten Island)
• Ursula Liang (Filmmaker)
• Brandy Monk-Payton (Fordham University)
• Sheril D. Antonio (NYU)
• Gabri Christa (Filmmaker, Barnard College)
• Cheryl Hill (Producer, Harlem Film Company)
• Maria Perez Brown (Producer)
• Darnell Martin (Filmmaker)
• Kat Lazo (Producer)
• Introduced by Warrington Hudlin
Note: This Salon will be filmed in VR.