Contact information for faculty who wish to place materials (electronic or physical) on reserve
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 212-851-9648
- Location: Circulation/Reserves Desk, LeFrak Center, Barnard Hall
General guidelines for submitting a Course Reserves list
- Reserves materials for all Barnard courses are processed at the Barnard Library.
- Course Reserves lists may not be duplicated at multiple libraries.
- Only one copy of a literary work (a novel, short story collection, play, or poetry) is placed on reserve; second or multiple copies remain in the stacks and circulate for the semester.
When to submit a Reserves list
- Submitting a Reserves list for an upcoming semester before the end of the current semester is recommended.
- Reserves lists are processed in the order that they are received.
How to submit a Reserves list (choose any of these options)
- By email at email@example.com
- In person at the Circulation/Reserves Desk on the first floor of the Library.
- Using the Columbia University Libraries Course Reserves Page (can be used for any course, not just Barnard courses).
- To request streaming media course reserves, please fill out this form.
- Note: To place a personal copy on reserve, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring the item to the Circulation/Reserves desk.
Checking on the status of a Reserves list
- The status of a Reserves list can be tracked in CLIO using the Course Reserves Search.
- Reserves lists for media materials are not searchable via CLIO.
Barnard Course Reserves policies
- If Barnard owns a book that is requested, the library's copy will be placed on reserve.
- If Barnard does not own a copy, it will purchase a copy for the reserves collection.
- Our rule of thumb for books is one copy for every 35 students in a class.
- Only copies of required readings are put on reserve. Supplementary readings are not placed on reserve.
- Information on requesting streaming media for Course Reserves can be found through this link.
- All Course Reserves requests must comply with United States Copyright law.
- Please contact the Reserves Department (email@example.com) with any questions or concerns.
For information on how to check out Reserves, lending periods, fines, and more, check out the Course Reserves page.
Last updated August 9, 2017